The goals for the current funding period (2002-2005) are to:
- add to the documented floristic diversity of the region by focused collecting activity, maintenance of an active exchange program, and deposition of voucher specimens
- facilitate the research of others by providing access to the resources needed for the floristic and taxonomic aspects of their research, loaning specimens, and answering inquiries
- increase the utility and accessibility of the herbarium's specimen database
- develop interactive identification tools for the flora of the region
- stimulate interest in the region's flora by a conscious effort at outreach
As with most herbaria, the relative emphasis placed on these goals, and the specific activities associated with them, are modified during the funding period to take advantage of any unusual opportunities that become available.